New research out of Denmark is giving people with hip and knee osteoarthritis pain hope! They have shown that a comprehensive program that delivers proper knowledge about your condition along with self-help strategies and a neuromuscular re-education exercise program can relieve your pain and improve your quality of life better than drugs or surgery! This research is now showing that this approach can delay or even prevent the need for total joint replacement surgery.
Your Choice for Calgary Osteoarthritis Care
What should I do?
It begins with a comprehensive assessment. Our team will do a thorough and comprehensive assessment for your Osteoarthritis and come up with a treatment plan to relieve your pain and get you active again. Treatment options can include:
- Knowledge: Better knowledge means better choices. Better choices means better results!
- Neuromuscular re-education exercise: Exercise programs you can do either under supervision with one of our physiotherapists or on your own in the comfort of your own home. These exercises improve how your nervous system controls your muscular control over your painful osteoarthritic hips and knees.
- Manual therapy: Joint and soft tissue adjustments, manipulation and massage, restore normal alignment to those painful and stiff joints
- Lubricating injections: Our sports medicine physicians can administer Viscosupplementation (lubricant) expertly guided by ultrasound into those painful, stiff osteoarthritic joints. Synvisc, Duralaine, and Monovisc are some of the proven therapies that they can do right in our clinic to help reduce your pain and improve your mobility.
- Regenerative medicine injections: Our sports medicine physicians can administer prolotherapy expertly guided by ultrasound into those painful, stiff osteoarthritic joints. These injections stimulate your immune system to heal tissue, reduce pain and improve your mobility
- Bracing: Our clinicians are trained and certified to provide both stabilizing and offloading custom-fitted braces to reduce your pain and improve your mobility.
National Spine Care's 3 Step Treatment Plan
Chiropractic care involves the diagnosis and treatment of mechanical disorders of the muscle’s bones and joints, especially the spine. Your first visit to National Spine Care is dedicated to learning about the history of your pain and how it impacts your daily life.
The information we gather during your initial assessment is used to create a 3-step treatment plan.